Saturday, September 12, 2009

Humble Beginings

I have decided to begin a blog. I have no idea if people will care about what I have to write about, or if I will even care what I write about.

What am I going to write about?
My daily life (and opinion) from my point of view, in addition to my random thoughts on life.

Who am I?
I am an average citizen who will remain nameless. I will not reveal my identity, much like a member of a Jury.

What influenced me to create a blog?
Jury Duty...



...At 8:00 in the morning on September 11, 2009 I was dropped off for my first experience with Jury Duty in front of the Philadelphia Criminal Justice Center. Horray. I had experienced every hassle under the sun the entire week procedeing to this point, so Jury Duty, in a sence, was the 'cherry on top'.

Hurry up and wait was the theme of the day. I found out that some guy was suing his doctor because of medical malpractice. Basically this guy had to get his leg amputated and I might have to sit on a Jury to decide whether or not the doctor f'ed up big time, or if this "victim" was being an asshole who doesn't have any other way to deal with the loss of his leg except to blame the doctor who physically removed it.

To my first point: No matter what the outcome is, this "victim" will still be without his original leg. Do you really have to sue? Like that sucks big time that you lost your leg and all, but I'm sorry to say, but you're never getting it back. Will money really fill the emotional void you have? Nope, probably not. Can I go home now? No?

I completed my civic duty with the honor of not being chosen to come back for the estimated 7 day trial. Whan an appropriate ending to my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment